32 students contributed to an online survey and they were unanimously positive about their experiences. The respondents were asked to reflect on what contributed to their learning in a Chromebook class. Within this…
- 47.4% of students believe that they are learning a lot more than previously.
- 72% loved being in a digital class and don’t want to learn in another way.
- 59.9% have begun with a personal blog or are experiencing a class blog.
- 72.4% have communicated with their teacher outside of school hours to facilitate or improve learning.
- “It is making my work tidier and helping my spelling”.
- The students commented on the collaborative sharing and licensed learning environments such as mathletics.
100% of the pilot teachers feel that the students are more engaged in the curriculum.
- “The students are able to do so much more than just a worksheet. They can create very attractive responses to reading and writing.”
- The chromebooks have facilitated more learning time “(With chromebooks)they have more thinking time and most can self-manage their learning.”
- “There are no barriers to being connected now. They are displaying the key competencies more vividly.”
- “Students are more engaged in topic studies because of variety of resources available for research and presentation.
- “Mathletics is a great motivator for knowledge and strategy, also other maths sites such as Maths Playground and E Ako maths.
- “Audiobooks help them with language experience/enrichment.”
- “Kids love their chromebooks. They love the fact that they can make their learning look really good and can share it globally.”