Insurance Companies will not consider a claim that has been caused through negligence, abuse or malicious damage. So responsible care of your device is critical.
When using your device
- No food or drink is allowed near your device.
- If you are charging your device while using it, you must work in a space so that no one will be able to walk or damage your charger while you are using it. Make sure the cables will not create a hazard to the device or other people.
- If you are working at a table, keep your device away from the edges and other contents that could lead to the damage of your device.
- If you are working on the floor, choose a space where people can see you so they don’t trip over and hurt you, themselves or the device.
- If you leave the classroom or house your device must be locked in the chosen safe place.
- Always carry your device in its bag/sleeve.
- Have a safe place for charging and storing while not in use.
When moving your device
- If you are passing your device to anyone or carrying your device in the classroom you must:
- a) ensure the lid is closed.
- b) carry it with two hands.
c.) carry one device at a time.
2.When devices are being carried anywhere outside they must be:
- a) inside their bag.
- b) the bag must be carried by its handles OR inside a suitable school bag/backpack.
- c) it must be protected from rain and wet or damp conditions at all times.